System engineer specialist or SES role in Infosys is a new role introduced by Infosys which offers more than the average package compare to regular freshers but does it really worth to be an SES ?
The complete salary breakdown of SES role is: 35k in-hand, 5k PF and 1k gratuity. Which completely make a CTC of 5 LPA.
For more about system engineer role in Infosys visit: SES ROLE
My training experience as Infosys SES
My training experience was nice in around 3 to 3.5 months I was able to learn quit many things made so many friends got good vibes, played many sports in the training center.
For more information about my training in which stream I was trained go to: my training
My experience after training as Infosys SES
After been allocated to DC which in my case was Pune, I was very happy as I was posted in the DC in which I always wanted to be but slowly and gradually it disappoints me because even after 4 months of been allocated in DC I was doing nothing they were just paying me for nothing, sounds interesting right but in actual NO it is not. It is not only happening in my case but with most of the SES. Out of the total employees of SES only 10% of them got proper work which is a client project, 50-60% are on the bench and remaining 30-40% are doing internal projects of Infosys which is again same as bench because it is not a client based project and on their portal it will show that they are still on bench.
Its been 3 months since I am in a project but there is shortage of sub projects inside that project which made me to sit ideal for around 4 months. I literally have to sit in an ODC without doing nothing and when I try to approach my project manager they just say try to do some certifications and make a project for yourself for brushing your knowledge.
Some Benefits of System engineer specialist
There are some benefits of SES apart from salary :
- No supports and testing work
- Probation period is for 6 month unlike SE’s who have around 1 year
- After probation period we will get one extra earn leave after each quarter.
Is there any different work flow or expectation from an SES
Some of my friends are allocated to quiet decent projects and what I observe is it completely depends on project to project so far none of them told that they are doing different from a regular fresher.
However most of us are on bench so it is difficult to come to a conclusion
Promotion of Infosys SES
After 1 year of posting to DC as system engineer specialist, one get a chance to get promoted as Power Programmer(PP) but the procedure is quite different from SE’s hierarchy unlike them for promotion we have to clear a exam within 6 months after completion of one successful year. We will get around two chances for the same.
Adding to that we will be assigned to a mentor which could be our project manager who will give us rating on basis of our work obviously the rating methodology will be different and hard for us as confirmed by STG head.
NOTE: The information is confirmed by STG head but even they can change constraints in future.